My history with Eric Wood goes back some 20 odd years. We worked together at Some Crust Bakery in Claremont, CA in the early and mid 90’s, collaborated for some time within Man is Bastard and Bastard Noise and even shared a household for a couple of years.
I’ve always considered him to be some sort of mad, far out genius, though at times a little hard to take on a personal level. That being said, I have a great deal of respect for the body of work the man has created within the realm of punk and hardcore: Powertrip (with Jeff Dahl), Peace Corpse, Pillsbury Hardcore, Pissed Happy Children, Cyclops, Neanderthal, Man is the Bastard, Crossed Out, Bastard Noise. A pedigree that covers a span from the early 80’s to this very day. No matter what trials our personal relationship may face at any given time, it’s impossible for me to take my eyes off of what he’s doing.
No doubt one of the stranger and lesser known turns his career has taken over the years was the collaboration with Buckethead. Operating under the pseudonym “Throatrake” the alliance culminated in the 1994 Sony (Japan) release “Giant Robot”. Produced by none other than Bill Laswell and featuring Funkadelic’s Bootsy Collins.
- 01-Buckethead // Doomride
- 02-Buckethead // Welcome To Bucketheadland
- 03-Buckethead // ICome In Peace
- 04-Buckethead // Bucketheads Toy Store
- 05-Buckethead // Want Some Slawp
- 06-Buckethead // Warweb
- 07-Buckethead // Aquabot
- 08-Buckethead // Binge And Grab
- 09-Buckethead // Pure Imagination
- 10-Buckethead // Bucketheads Chamber Of Horrors
- 11-Buckethead // Onions Unleashed
- 12-Buckethead // Chicken
- 13-Buckethead // ILove My Parents
- 14-Buckethead // Bucketheads TVShow
- 15-Buckethead // Robot Transmission
- 16-Buckethead // Pirates Life For Me
- 17-Buckethead // Post Office Buddy
- 18-Buckethead // Star Wars
- 19-Buckethead // Last Train To Bucketheadland