It’s generally excepted, that when away from for an extended period from the population from which one would generally select their lovers, that all bets are off. Prison would certainly be an example…or perhaps the navy. San Francisco during the California Gold Rush of the mid 19th century would also be able to stake it’s claim. During a period when the surroundings were devoid of women, with the exception of a few highly in demand prostitutes, a man had to make due. Flying the red at the dance let the man in blue know that you were comfortable assuming the female role.
The origins of what has become known as the “Handkerchief Code” may lay in California of a 150 years back, but it truly came into it’s own in New York nearly a century later. At the dawn of the 1970’s, those heady times immediately after Stonewall…before the bug. The color of the bandanna stuffed in your back pocket let your suitors-of-the-moment know exactly what you were down for.
Let’s take a walk, we both know the score…we don’t need to speak…and no one needs to know…
- 01-Vangelis // Blush Response
- 02-Cold Cave // Underworld USA
- 03-Egyptrixx // Old Black
- 04-Trans Am // Where Do You Want To Fuck Today
- 05-Shit Robot // IFound Love
- 06-Twin Sister // Bad Street
- 07-Nite Jewel // One Second Of Love
- 08-Umberto // Someone Chasing Someone Through AHouse
- 09-Glass Candy // Lovin Machine