Recently the Demagogues were asked to contribute a featured playlist for the incredible “mood based” internet based music streaming service Stereomood.
Straight outta Rome the closest analogue to the service in American minds may be Pandora, but instead of using an artist as the seedbed for playlist formation Stereomood asks us to use a word or phrase describing how one is feeling. The tunes are culled from music blogs from across the world (including the humble Cargo Culte) and the end result is remarkably refreshing.
The Demagogues of The Cargo Culte believe the folks at Stereomood are doing excellent work and we are honored to play our part.
- 01-Lothar And The Hand People // Space Hymn
- 02-Leaf Hound // Freelance Fiend
- 03-Curtis Mayfield // Junkie Chase
- 04-Rodriguez // Sugar Man
- 05-Buffy Saint Marie // Codine
- 06-The Stranglers // Golden Brown
- 07-Failure // Dirty Blue Balloons
- 08-Lou Reed // Perfect Day
- 09-John Prine // Sam Stone
- 10-Fred Neil // Sweet Cocaine
- 11-Buffy Saint Marie With Ry Cooder // The Hashishin
- 12-The Rolling Stones // Sister Morphine
- 13-Love // Signed DC
- 14-Bert Jansch // Needle Of Death
- 15-Townes Van Zandt // Dead Flowers
- 16-James Brown // King Heroin